1920s Parliament House


A striking image of Parliament House in Spring Street in the 1920s. The magnificent dome of the Exhibition Building is off in the distance to the left. The statue of Burke and Wills is also on the left of the photo, just above the cable tram that is heading north along Spring Street. Parliament House was commenced in 1855 and finished to its current state by 1892. A large dome was included in the design, but never executed due to financial pressures at the time.

Related Items