An early photograph of the Law Courts taken in the 1880s, on the corner of Lonsdale and William Streets. This magnificent building was constructed between 1874 and 1882.
All text © HotPress
Photograph by Clifford Williams.
Notes from the State Library tell us that the image is an "Elevated view looking across the intersection of Lonsdale and William Streets to the Law Courts in Melbourne, with horse and cart stopped in front of the building."
This is a digitally retouched reproduction of the original held by the State Library of Victoria. All prints are reproduced without the HOTPRESS watermarks.
Our team of conservators have worked on a high resolution digital image in order to remove blemishes and artifacts such as stains, mould, scratches and damage caused by the handling of the original. We strive to provide authentic representations of the original work that are suitable for enlargements that retain the tones and character of the original.