A coloured print from an engraving of the Old Post Office in Melbourne in 1853. The building was situated on the north-east corner of Bourke and Elizabeth Streets, where the current GPO Building sits today.
Artwork attributed to Edmund Thomas.
All text © HotPress
Notes from the State Library tell us that this image "Includes Schultz, Reid & Co Auctioneers and Importers of General Merchandise, and other buildings and street activity."
This is a digitally retouched reproduction of the original held by the State Library of Victoria. All prints are reproduced without the HOTPRESS watermarks.
Our team of conservators have worked on a high resolution digital image in order to remove blemishes and artifacts such as stains, mould, scratches and damage caused by the handling of the original. We strive to provide authentic representations of the original work that are suitable for enlargements that retain the tones and character of the original.