A coloured print of an engraving of Collins Street in Melbourne in 1853. We're looking west from the corner of Russell Street. The first Scots' Church (1841-1871) is standing on the north-west corner to the right of the picture.
Artwork attributed to Edmund Thomas.
All text © HotPress
Notes from the State Library tell us that this image "Shows T. Allison & Co. Drapery to left, and horse drawn vehicles."
This is a digitally retouched reproduction of the original held by the State Library of Victoria. All prints are reproduced without the HOTPRESS watermarks.
Our team of conservators have worked on a high resolution digital image in order to remove blemishes and artifacts such as stains, mould, scratches and damage caused by the handling of the original. We strive to provide authentic representations of the original work that are suitable for enlargements that retain the tones and character of the original.